Contact

There was a cold a11295665_834994246537402_3274968384025476315_nnd dry breeze cutting through the air; the voluptuous forest has disappeared behind sometime ago, may be weeks, may be months… May be years? Now was all arid in front; just dry mineral trying to monopolise the sun’s heat and colour. The breeze sometime turned into a sudden gust lifting the mineral powder and forming volatiles clouds of dust. And yet, there was beauty in that barren landscape!                               I had walked so much! I had come so far to find you, and nothing! Everywhere only the echo answers me. My tears have dried sour on my face and solidified in this icy anguish. Where are you? Don’t you hear my scream? Don’t you know all the piercing pain in my heart? Why are you deft and blind to my yearning? I called you at the turn of every hill, at every sunset; at the awakening of every new day, but you ignore me… Only this dry apathy and indifference penetrating my skin with every blast echoes. And now, at the pinnacle of this day, at the crest of this fatal disenchantment, the zenith is devouring my last strength with its inflamed arms.  No where to go, no place to rest; surrender is not a choice.                 Oh, your eyes were dry and agonising like mine! I didn’t know if you were the product of some hallucination. Where did you come front? Were you the embodiment of this sand? My mind so accustomed at asking questions was interrupted:
-I am thirsty!…-
-So I am!-
Suddenly I realised I have not drank for a long time. I had no water, and there was no water around… A rapid fear moved over my skin, but a more abrupt emotion rushed to hide it. Was I dead? Was this hell? He interrupted again:
-And hungry…_
Hungry? I felt my mind struggling to recall that word… hungry? What was happening to me? Was my flesh body left behind some broken bridge? Drunken in the deep water of some dark creek? Was it perhaps eaten by some starving animals? Was I a ghost?
-I haven’t eaten per days…-
Your voice was broken, but your eyes were now opening holding the sun’s rays captive. Yes, swiftly your eyes appeared to me as a deep cave, dark and mysterious, but with a penetrating light at the deep core. You were oblivious to my new discoveries, and as you gestured timidly, the light was sparkling and drawing little mirages of fairies appearing out of the void only to disappear again.
Maria, 9-06-2016

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wheatgrass and Cancer

Blue Sky Smoothie